Matcha comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. Studies of matcha show that it can help protect the liver, promote heart health, and even aid in weight loss. Matcha is rich in catechins, natural antioxidants, that help stabilize harmful free radicals, which are compounds that can damage cells and cause chronic disease.
Warnings: Does contain caffeine.
Traditional instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 4 oz tea.
- Warm the matcha bowl by adding hot water. After a minute, discard water and dry bowl thoroughly.
- Rinse bamboo whisk to keep tea powder from sticking.
- Using a traditional bamboo spoon, add 1 tsp of powder per 4 oz serving of water.
- Add approximately 4 oz of hot water (175-180 deg F). Do not use boiling water.
- Mix briskly with bamboo whisk until all lumps are removed and tea is smooth and creamy with a fine foam on top. Drink and enjoy!
Contemporary instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 6 oz tea. Use 1 tsp. of matcha per 6 oz of water.
- Pour hot water (175-180 deg. F) over tea. Do not use boiling water.
- Steep 2-4 minutes.
- Strain and serve immediately.